Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Infused oils


Sorry I haven't been doing any updates, I have had well let's just say some technical issues with my PC.
After our last class with the sexy sauces and oils I found myself wondering what kind of unique different oil can I come up with? This is my small offering to the culinary world of infused oils.
The oil on the left is a citrus oil made with tangerine and thyme, I first heated up the oil and then added A few springs of fresh thyme just to start the flavor enhancement. I removed it from the heat let it come to almost room temperature and added the tangerine peels. From there I added a few more sprigs and let sit for a few hours, strained the mixture into A sterilized bottle then into the chill chest.
To the right is my cilantro,garlic chili oil. I roasted some dried chilies and chili powder just until I smelled their wonderful aroma saturating the air. I added a sliced garlic clove "sliced" and saute them for just minute or so. I added the oil and slowly warmed the mixture to incorporate all the delicious flavors. Then to the blender which had the cilantro waiting happily for the yummy oil to join in the party. It was then blended strained allowed to cool before I packed it up for later use.
These were fun to create, and I can't wait to try them out on some unsuspecting chicken breast, with a tastee creamy risotto and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment